Feed the Rich
The state of the world is making you salty? We want you and your microbiome as a starting culture for the fermentation of the conditions.
1% of the world’s population owns more than the other 99% combined and emits more Co2 than the poorer half combined. Let’s face it: the planet’s demise is accelerated by a few eating us out of house and home. PARA’s proposal: Those who ensure that having access to bread is a privilege, why don’t they eat themselves? Since we are permanently consuming our livelihoods on this planet, PARA proposes applying the autophagia principle to the class struggle. The approach: change behavior and conditions through targeted hacking of the microbiome. Feed the anger about the system to those who profit most from it.
The artist collective PARA opens a temporary pop-up store of discomfort in Stuttgart’s city center that combines a sauerkraut production site with stories from the global food industry to investigate the question of distribution turning the audience’s guts into redistribution collaborators. While kneading, the bacteria that inhabit our grumbling stomachs and influence our behavior pass from hand to cabbage. The fermenting Kraut becomes a carrier medium for social discomfort, and you can pick it up for free in the attached pop-up store. Now it’s time to dish it out: Feed your friends and foes, your bosses and landlords, and maybe even yourself. PARA’s Sauer-Kraut is not only delicious; it also promises, if ingested regularly, harmless, socially productive states of unrest. Sauer-Kraut, that’s us! So let’s eat ourselves. Let’s feed the rich!
BY AND WITH: Cennet Rüya Voss, Philipp Röding, Vanessa A. Opoku, Lina Brion, Josephine Hans, Amelie Neumann, Joy Weinberger, Kolja Vennewald, Jonas Fischer, Peter Behrbohm, Bastian Sistig
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT STAGE-DESIGN: Philipp Rohé
PRODUCTION: Tine Elbel
PICTURE CREDIT: PARA
Content: In the course of the performance, the text contains depictions of violence, nudity and themes such as colonialism and environmental destruction.
Formal: The performance invites active participation. However, this is not a prerequisite for attendance.
A production by PARA in co-production with Theater Rampe. In cooperation with Spoiler Aktionsraum. Made possible by the Fonds Darstellende Künste and the Projektfonds Urbane Praxis Berlin. With the kind support of Foodsharing Berlin and Stuttgart, and the Schutzgemeinschaft Filder. The performances in Stuttgart are made possible by Innovationsfonds Kunst des Ministeriums für Wissenschaft, Forschung und Kunst Baden-Württemberg. Realised by Netzwerk Freier Theater – this project is funded by the Federal Government Commissioner for Culture and the Media through the programme “Verbindungen fördern” of the Bundesverband Freie Darstellende Künste e.V.
Feed the Rich
Einfach anrufen oder E-Mail schreiben: 0711-620090915 / ed.epmarretaeht@netrak